SOUTH COAST AND BLACK BEACH RIDE
The Ultimate Quad Bike Tour
On this extraordinary tour you will ride a powerful ATV over vast black volcanic beach, walk behind thundering veil of water at Seljalandsfoss and absorb the incredible view over Iceland's South Coast from the top of Skógafoss Waterfall.
ATV biking is great way to explore the volcanic black sandy beaches and views of the volcanoes and glaciers along the south coast. Drive to the raw sandy beach, trough small rivers and streams, which derives from the dormant volcano Katla. Make your way to the DC-3 plane wreck from 1973, which was recently featured in Justin Bieber's music video.
On our way back to Reykjavík, we stop by the the powerful Skógafoss Waterfall where a short walk up a flight of steps will reveal one of Iceland’s most scenic views. We then stop at the 60-metre high Seljalandsfoss Waterfall, famous for the hidden pathway behind and around it.
Join our tour and step aboard one of our new buses, fully equipped with WiFi connected computer tablets for each guest. The tablets provide you with a continuous stream of relevant information along the journey with a GPS synced Audio Guide, available with a choice of 10 languages. Along the tour our local hosts will make your experience comfortable and are happy to answer any questions you might have about our peculiar country. In each seat you will also find a USB outlet to charge any of your devices.
All in all this tour is an unforgettable experience of conflicting landscapes where the nature envelops the traveler in its warm embrace.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 5 years|
What is included
- In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Professional driver & guide
- Experienced ATV guide
- Local knowledge
- ATV equipment and approx 2 hour ATV ride
- Visit to all the top sites on the South Coast (Seljalandsfoss, Sólheimajökull & Skógafoss)
Bring with you: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always smart to dress in warm and waterproof clothes, weather changes are swift so prepare expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise we sell earphones on the bus.
For ATV: All equipment is provided including (dry suit, kayak and paddle). It is a good idea to bring some food along the way for when you return from snowmobiling adventure.
- All special clothing and all the equipment needed for the trip is provided so you can enjoy a safe and comfortable ride. No special skills nor former ATV experience is required.
- You need a valid driver's license to drive an ATV
- You will be sharing an ATV with someone, however, there is an extra cost if you would like to be a single rider.